The PLC Technician is responsible for PLC maintenance and troubleshooting, and assists with the corrective or preventative maintenance procedures within the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics; draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Assembles experimental circuitry of complete prototype models according to engineering instruction, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components and theirfunctions.
- Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly andmaintenance.
- Required to maintain backups of programs from all electrical devices.
- Understands and is able to trouble-shoot and repair solid-state motor drives, solidstate temperature controllers, and computer-based controllers.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or contrives test equipment and circuitry; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
- Analyzes and interprets data from solid-state motor drives and controllers scope.
Other maintenance responsibilities:
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Discusses performance issues and improvement ideas with pertinent technical staff.
- Implements and evaluates preventative maintenance program.
- Must be able to obtain forklift and aerial lift platform licenses.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly and free of hazards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- May be asked to work off hours for business-critical support
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design--Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback tomodify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for ownactions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred Equipment experience:
- Rockwell Controllogix PLC
- Rockwell PlantPAx Systems
- Factorytalk View SE and ME HMI Systems
- ABB Robotic Systems
- Ethernet/IP Network
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in related field.
- Four to six years related experience or equivalent preferred.
- Management experience preferred
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proficient on programs in use at plants.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality about the company and its proprietary processes and information; a Confidentiality Agreement is required.
Apply here: Kentucky Career Center
201 Government Street, Maysville 41056
Clink link for more information, and search 'EnviroFlight': Kentucky Career Center