Thank you for visiting us online.
This Policy will apply whenever you are visiting any of the websites of Darling Ingredients, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (“Websites”). By visiting the Websites, you accept the practices described in this Policy. Before using the Website(s), Darling Ingredients advises you to carefully review all of the sections that appear below.
What types of information does Darling Ingredients collect through the Websites?
By visiting the Websites, you are providing Darling Ingredients with non-identifiable, personal information that is automatically collected to ensure the proper functioning of the Websites. This information will also be used to update and improve the content of the Websites.
The automatic collection of non-identifiable data is done through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device each time you visit a website. A cookie is sent by a company’s web server to a user’s web browser in order to enable the server to collect information back from the browser.
When you provide Darling Ingredients with your personal identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, client number, through the use of the Websites’ contact forms Darling Ingredients will treat that information as confidential and will only use this information for the purpose for which you have provided the information.
Darling Ingredients does not share, sell, rent, lend, disclose or otherwise distribute any of the personal data you provide to Darling Ingredients to or with any unauthorized third party, other than with Darling Ingredients’ corporate organization its subsidiaries, affiliates, and authorized agents and contractors, without your consent, unless:
- Darling Ingredients is required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a law, regulation, judicial or court order, or any other valid legal obligation. It is important to note that Darling Ingredients complies with all applicable legal requirements and cooperates, when required, with law enforcement, administrative, and judicial inquiries to enforce laws, intellectual property and other rights. In certain cases, it may be necessary to furnish your information in connection with these objectives, and Darling Ingredients therefore reserves the right to use or disclose only that information required in order to comply with such legal request to cooperate in any law enforcement or public safety investigation;
- The interests of Darling Ingredients require disclosure in order to recover money owed to us, to enforce or apply our agreements or to protect the integrity of the websites, the rights, property, or safety of the Darling Ingredients’ organization, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- Darling Ingredients or one (or more) of its business operations is purchased by a third party. In this event, any personal information collected by Darling Ingredients will be transferred to the third party. Cookies generally process your IP-address, but they do not save your personal information. If you do not want to have cookies stored on your computer or want to remove cookies that have already been stored, you can arrange this via your browser settings. Please note that if you set your browser to reject all cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Websites.
Darling Ingredients uses three types of cookies on its Websites:
- Functional Cookies
- These cookies may store your browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Websites, such as the operating system and the Internet Service Providers utilized and other similar information. This information is used to technically facilitate the navigation and use of the Websites. In addition, functional cookies may be used to store personal settings, such as language, or to remember your information for next visits if so requested.
- Analytics Cookies
- The Websites also use analytics cookies to measure the number of visits and the parts of the Websites that are the most popular among the Website visitors as well as for benchmarking purposes. This information is used to provide aggregated and statistical information on the use of the Websites and is used to improve the contents of the Websites and to enhance your user experience. In order to ensure that analytics cookies are used in a privacy friendly manner, the last three digits of your IP-address are removed and the standard setting to share data with the analytics cookies is disabled.
- Third-party Website Cookies
Please note that the Websites are general audience websites and Darling Ingredients does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal identifiable information from persons under 16 years of age. If and when we become aware that someone under the age of 16 has provided personal identifiable information to us without the necessary consent of his/her legal representative, we will use reasonable endeavors to remove this personal identifiable information from our computer and operating systems.
Processing and security of collected personal identifiable information
Your personal identifiable information privacy and data security is one of our primary concerns and any personal data that you provide is handled with the utmost care.
Darling Ingredients observes a strict duty of confidentiality about your personal information. Darling Ingredients has taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures in order to help to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all personal information collected, and to protect your personal data against loss, misuse, alteration and/or destruction. Although Darling Ingredients exercises reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your equipment and our systems, due to the inherent insecurity of the Internet we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet. Darling Ingredients urges you to take every precaution you deem necessary to protect your personal information while using the Internet.
If Darling Ingredients becomes aware of any incident that is likely to have other negative consequences for your privacy, we will notify you, in accordance with applicable law, using the address information that you previously provided. It is your responsibility to make sure that any personal data you provide to Darling Ingredients is accurate and correct.
Some parts of the Websites are password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. You will be solely responsible for activities of anyone using your username and the password assigned to you, even when this person is not authorized by you to do so. Please change your password regularly to mitigate the risk of unauthorized use.
Access, correction and deletion
Darling Ingredients aims to keep information about you as accurate as possible. You have a right to access, correct and delete your personal identifiable information provided by you to Darling Ingredients. If you wish to access your personal identifiable information processed by Darling Ingredients or have your personal identifiable information updated, corrected or deleted, please send your request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Darling Ingredients will respond to you within the time limits established by applicable law. Darling Ingredients may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, Darling Ingredients will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. However, Darling Ingredients may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identity. Darling Ingredients’ response to your request will be handled in accordance with all applicable company retention policies.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) grants new privacy rights to California residents. Virtually all personal information collected by Darling Ingredients is collected in a business-to-business context, which currently is exempt from most provisions of the CCPA. Darling Ingredients does not sell personal information to third parties.
Effective Date and Amendment of this Policy
This Policy is effective as of February 21, 2020. Please note that Darling Ingredients is continually developing mechanisms to enhance the user experience on the Websites and to provide our users with greater choice related to the use and disclosure of information. Darling Ingredients reserves the right to add to, update or otherwise modify this Policy without further notice. Changes and modifications to this Policy will have immediate effect, except where prohibited by law. Darling Ingredients recommends that you consult this Policy every time you use the Websites for any changes.
Should you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com.