Manage facility’s Quality Assurance program and Production Data Collection. Attend to all matters of food safety for a feed-grade manufacturing plant. Support and enhances the performance of production by analyzing and assessing data collection metrics and product quality data. The manager finds patterns and outliers based on data immediately available and/or collected over time and utilizes these to improve product quality and recommend process improvements to appropriate staff. Assist as a stand-in for data collection and QA teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages facility quality program: Performs and documents good laboratory practices (GLP), current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and internal audits; audits products, stability programs, complaints, and related systems and identifies in-house quality issues.
- Oversee data collection program: identify data collection process, develop protocols, design documents, create or keep-up framework for data entry, train staff data.
- Train relevant staff on:
- quality program, product quality, QA/QC procedures, product safety and regulatory requirements.
- data collection and entry.
- Leads product nonconformance investigations.
- Prepares audit reports and performs follow-up to obtain resolutions that are compliant with regulations and satisfactory to all parties.
- Prepares impact assessments for process and procedural deviations.
- Receives and reviews data collection reports; makes corrections as needed.
- Responds to staff inquiries regarding quality and data collection.
- Knowledge of food technology, microbiology, and chemistry sufficient to fulfill the needs of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing or 5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Certified PCQI strongly preferred: An overall knowledge of quality assurance management procedures, CGMPs, and FSMA is needed.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel program and experience with data integration is required. Proficient in other MS Office suite programs.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with laboratory environment, equipment and safety procedures.
- Experience in research and development, including an understanding of statistical analysis.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally in a professional manner. Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute job expectations timely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with plant personnel, external suppliers, sales staff and administrative personnel.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to see rational solutions to quality and food safety issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both written and verbal.
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality about the company and its proprietary processes and information; a Confidentiality Agreement is required.
- Directly supervises employees within the Data Collection and the Quality department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Apply here: Kentucky Career Center
201 Government Street, Maysville 41056
Clink link for more information, and search 'EnviroFlight': Kentucky Career Center