Lead, designs, executes and analyzes research trials focused on improving productivity of EnviroFlight operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, executes, analyzes and reports on research projects conducted with black soldier fly (BSF) larvae in all aspects of production
- Oversees BSF related laboratory experiments
- Instructs R&D Technicians in applicable areas of entomology
- Engaged in monitoring and meeting standards for production quality and consistency of product
- Recommends and guides EnviroFlight research program
- This job has direct supervisory responsibilities with R&D Technicians participating in research projects.
- PhD in entomology, animal science or related field required.
- Experience rearing black soldier fly larvae, or other insect species preferred.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Must have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Ability to handle the dynamic, fast-paced, and multi-tasking environment of a rapidly growing agriculture/biotechnology company.
- Ability to work in a laboratory setting maintaining a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of common laboratory techniques related to insects/ biology.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated willingness to learn
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Ability to work efficiently while maintaining high execution standards for collecting high quality data/information
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize activities as needed to accomplish unanticipated requests or initiate new projects requiring immediate attention.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and apply creative solutions to maintain workflow.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in technical literature search and analysis.
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis, data management and visualization for interpretation of experimental results.
- Advanced skills in experimental design for hypothesis-driven trials/experiments.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Apply here: Kentucky Career Center
201 Government Street, Maysville 41056
Clink link for more information, and search 'EnviroFlight': Kentucky Career Center